Triggers, or Automations, are a key benefit of Tokeet.
A trigger is an instruction to Tokeet to perform a particular action when an event occurs. For example, triggers can be used to notify you and your guests via email or SMS when a new booking is received. Tokeet currently does not automatically send email when events occur, so we recommend setting up triggers in order to receive account notifications.
Before creating a trigger, you need to build a Message Template. Triggers require message templates to work.
Triggers are extremely powerful, and are easy to create in Tokeet.
- Navigate to Settings > Automation
- Click "Create" to build a new trigger.
Complete required fields:
Select event that will trigger your template being sent
- Guest Created: Guest is created either via the dashboard, from a Tokeet website or widget, or from a channel connection.
- Guest Updated: Guest is updated via the dashboard or a channel connection.
- Guest Deleted: Guest is deleted from the dashboard.
- Guest Message: Message is received from a guest
- Inquiry Created: Inquiry is created via the dashboard, a Tokeet website or widget, or an API channel connection.
- Booking Confirmed: Booking confirmed via dashboard or connected API channel
- Booking Cancelled: Booking cancelled via dashboard or connected API channel
- Hold Created: Hold event is created via the dashboard or connected iCal channel
- Hold Deleted: Hold event is deleted via the dashboard or connected iCal channel
- Invoice Created
- Invoice Paid
- Invoice Cancelled
- Contract Signed
- Contract Rejected
- Time-based events: specify an action that occurs at a particular time around another event. Learn more about time-based triggers here.
- iCal Import Error
- Critical Error
If selected, the trigger will fire only for event on this channel(s)
If selected, the trigger will fire only for event on this rental(s)
- Send Email Message
- Send Contract
- Send SMS Message (Read more here)
- Send HTTP Post: (Read more here)
- Send Push Notification: (Read more here)
- Select internal users (Administrators, Property Managers, Property Owner, Accounting and House Staff) to send the template to
- Select "Also Send to Guest" to include guest
Select a message template, or create a new one
Your new trigger is now created! You are returned to the Triggers-Message Automation Screen.
Here, you can use filters to search among existing triggers, edit and delete triggers, or toggle the status of each trigger between "Active" and "Paused."
Note: once a Trigger is created, it is important to be mindful of actions taken via the Tokeet dashboard as they may fire a trigger event each time. For example, repeatedly canceling and confirming a booking may send multiple email messages to a guest.
As always, please contact us with questions any time. We're happy to help.