2. Click on the Account button at the top right, then click on the Channel Manager link in the drop-down menu. If you don't see the Channel Manager link then please contact your Booking.com support team to request the commercial approval and make sure the sign up tool in your extranet is activated.
3. On the next screen click on the Start button to search for Tokeet in the provider list.
4. Now in the Search for providers field type Tokeet and then select the Tokeet option which appears.
5. You will be making a full, two-way connection with Tokeet. Which means that Tokeet will handle availability, rates, and reservation synchronization. Click the Next button to proceed.
6. Enter your Tokeet account id or the email address your signed up with in the last field on the form.
7. You need to accept the terms of the agreement between you and Booking.com regarding this XML connection.
8. Tokeet will now receive an email message from Booking.com stating your desire to connect. At this point we will establish your connection within Tokeet and send you a confirmation email when this is complete.
Things to consider:
- Your rental will remain unbookable on Booking.com until you complete the connection process. To complete the connection process you must, add rental rates to your rentals, push the rental rates, import bookings and push availability. If these steps are not completed, your connection might not function properly.
- Please be aware that once the connection is completed, all updates of Rates, Availabilities and Restrictions need to be sent to Booking.com exclusively via the interface served by the IT Provider. Manual entries will no longer be possible via the Booking.com extranet. Rates & Availability grids will be visible in the extranet for you to view and monitor, however rates and availability updates will be sent by Tokeet via your dashboard.
- Reservations, Modifications and Cancellations will be re-transmitted to the hotel via the Tokeet dashbaord. However, it is the responsibility of the hotel to always keep track of the Booking.com Extranet to monitor the status of each booking generated online.