Tokeet now automatically saves your guest's billing details from Booking.com and Expedia to your connected Payment Gateway. Currently you may only connect Stripe to Tokeet, however this will change in the near future.
- When a guest enters their credit card details when making a booking on Booking.com and Expedia, Tokeet saves this information into your gateway for future use.
- You may automatically charge this card from any invoice using the 'Pay with saved card' button located directly in the invoice.
- You never have to leave Tokeet to charge your guests and you may issue new charges for additional invoices directly from Tokeet.
- Your guest cards details will still be available in your Booking.com and Expedia extranets if you ever need to reference it.
- We recommend that you require your guests to enter all of their card billing details when making a booking; this includes the CVV number and address postal code.
- Most payment gateways require one or both of these pieces of information to successfully charge your guests.
- If this information is missing when the guest makes the booking then you must get the missing information from the channel extranet.
You may configure both Booking.com and Expedia to prompt users for their complete credit card billing details when create a booking for your accommodation.
Occasionally you may receive a payment error. The best way to troubleshoot that error is to log into Stripe and check the error logs of the transaction in question.
Here's what pieces of info you should look for in the error logs:
- Payment Status; for example, 402 indicates that an error occurred.
- Error Codes:
invalid_number The card number is not a valid credit card number.
invalid_expiry_month The card's expiration month is invalid.
invalid_expiry_year The card's expiration year is invalid.
invalid_cvc The card's security code is invalid.
invalid_swipe_data The card's swipe data is invalid.
incorrect_number The card number is incorrect.
expired_card The card has expired.
incorrect_cvc The card's security code is incorrect.
incorrect_zip The card's zip code failed validation.
card_declined The card was declined.
Please see the below example which shows where to find Stripe payment status and error codes.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.