With the release of the newly revamped payment gateway module we now allow users to add multiple payment gateways to their account. You can even add multiple gateway accounts from the same gateway. This is great for our users, but how would you manage which gateway is used under various circumstances? Instead of requiring users to manually select a gateway for each inquiry we created Payment Rules.
Payment rules allow you to specify which gateway to use for which channel or rental. For example, you can select your Stripe gateway to be used for Rental A and your Worldpay gateway to be used for Rental B. Even further, you can specify that Stripe is only used for Rental A when bookings come from Expedia.com, otherwise use Worldpay. These rules allow a significant amount of flexibility and specificity so you can automatically select gateways as needed. Here is some detail about exactly how Tokeet processes your payment rules in the event that you have multiple rules which may potentially match a scenario.
- Tokeet will first look for a rule that matches the channel and rental of the booking and use the matched rule.
- If no matching rule is found, Tokeet will then look for a rule matching only the rental and all channels.
- If no matching rule is found, Tokeet will then look for a rule matching the channel and all rentals.
- If no matching rule is found, Tokeet will then use the default gateway.
- If there is no default gateway, Tokeet will select a gateway at random. You want to avoid this and at least set a default gateway at all times.
Payment Rules override your default gateway setting and affect which gateway is used to process your invoice payments.