Tokeet offers a few types of rates you may use to manage your rental pricing. The first, and most common type, is the Standard Rate. A standard rate is a long-term, on-going rate that describes the price of your rental over a period of time. It's essentially like the rates you use now on Flipkey and Homeaway. The purpose of the standard rate is to allow you to specify your rates into the future and not have to change them.
The process for creating Promotional Rates is easy with Tokeet.
- Navigate to Rentals and click into the rental for which you’d like to create a Standard Rate.
- Select “Rates and Payments” from the the bottom-left side of the screen.
- Click “Add Rates” > “Add Standard Rate”
Complete required info:
- Rate Name
- Select or create Rate Categories
- From Date
- Until Date
- Nightly : nightly rate
- Weekly: rate that is applied if guest stays Monday through Sunday (optional).
- Monthly: rate that is applied when a guest stays for an entire month (optional).
- Minimum Stay: minimum amount of days guests are allowed to book
- Maximum Stay: maximum amount of days that this rental can be booked
- Maximum Guests
- Additional Guest Fee: charge x amount for per person per night, above y guests
- Day Specific Pricing: charge a different rate for certain days of the week. Please see this Help Center article for more info.
Your Tokeet rates are used when pushing updates to your connected channels, creating bookings and inquiries in Tokeet, and when an inquiry is submitted via your Tokeet website or inquiry widget.
- You may create multiple standard rates. For example, you may decide to create new rates for your high season or summer season periods.
- You can override your standard rates for a specified date range (example: holidays) by using Promotional Rates.
- You may group your rates together using Rate Categories.
As always, please contact us with questions any time. We're happy to help.