Welcome to Tokeet! We're happy that you've decided to give us a try. Now it's time to tackle the first part of using Tokeet: setting up your account. Below are step by step instructions about everything you'll need to do to get up and running with Tokeet.
Create Rentals by connecting to Airbnb
If you work with Airbnb, Tokeet will import your Airbnb listings and create Tokeet Rentals for you. Rentals correspond to property listings in Tokeet.
- Navigate to Channels > "Add Channel"
- Select Airbnb API > "Add"
- Enter your credentials and select the "Import Rentals" option.
- Please see the below video on creating Rentals by connecting to Airbnb.
Create Rentals by entering property data
- If you've already Imported Rentals by connecting to Airbnb: skip this step.
- Navigate to Rentals > Rental Settings > "Add"
- Please see the below video on creating Rentals in Tokeet.
Set your Rental Rates
- To create Rental Rates, navigate to Rentals > Rental Settings
- Click into a specific Rental and scroll down to “Rates & Payments” in the left-side navigation
- Please see the below video on setting Rental Rates in Tokeet
- Please see our Rates Overview article for an in-depth view on creating, managing, and pushing rates to your API connected channels.
Managing channels via an API integration allows you to synchronize availability, update channel rates, and track booking notifications from the Tokeet platform. Managing channels via iCal allows you to synchronize availability between Tokeet and connected channels.
- There are specific and detailed Help Center articles for connecting to API channels: Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia.
- Please see the below video on connecting to API Channels in Tokeet.
- Once you connect to your API channels, you will want to Import Bookings into Tokeet; Push Rates from Tokeet; Push Availability from Tokeet into your API Channels
- There are also detailed articles for connecting to iCal channels.
- Please see the below video on connecting to iCal Channels in Tokeet.
Now that you've connected your channels, it's time to verify your calendar. Tokeet has a few calendar varieties to help you get a good perspective of your availability and any gaps that may have emerged during the connection process.
- Your Tokeet calendar updates automatically and instantaneously get sent to your connected channels.
- Tokeet does not import blocked dates / holds from your connected channels. You will have to create Hold Events to account for these in Tokeet.
- Please see the below video on creating Hold Events in Tokeet.
Once you have added Rentals & Rental Rates, connected to your Channels, and verified your Calendar, you have completed the main phase of your setup process!
Tip: once you have pushed rates and availability to your connected channels, we recommend logging in there to make sure your calendars and rates are updating correctly.
You are now ready to move on to Part II of your Tokeet account setup.
Please contact us with questions any time! We are thrilled to have you onboard and wish you a most successful vacation rental business.