Tokeet’s Triggers functionality is designed to help you create automated actions so that you can get back to managing the big picture of your vacation rental or rentals. You can create triggers based on events, like guest inquiries or payments, but you can also create time-based triggers designed to perform an action at a specified time before, after or when an event takes place. Here’s how to do it.
- From your Tokeet dashboard, select the Settings icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen. The Settings icon can be identified by the gear logo.
- From the drop-down menu, select Automation. It can be found approximately 1/3 of the way down the menu, right above "Payments".
- From the Automation page, select the green Create Trigger button.
- In the dialogue box that appears, the first menu item will be “When this Event Occurs:” From this drop-down menu, scroll down to find “time-based event”.
- Once you select “Time-based Event”, a new set of menu options will appear in the dialogue box. First, select how many days before or after the event you would like an action to be performed. Then, select which time-based event you would like associated with this trigger. For example, you can set up a trigger for an action to take place two days before an invoice is due, or three days after a booking ends. Triggers go out based on the check-in/check-out times set under each rental's rental instructions page (Rentals > Rental Settings > Click on Rental > Navigate to Rental Instructions). As an example, a trigger set to fire 2 days before Booking Start will go out 48 hrs prior to the check-in time set under rental instructions.
- Now that you’ve set up the time conditions of your trigger, move on to selecting the Channel, Rental, and Action you would like to take place when triggered.
- You can then select which recipients will receive the action, and you can even select a template if you’d like (or create a new one on the spot from your current settings.)
- Once you’ve entered all the necessary information, select the green “Create” button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Congratulations! You’ve just created a time-based trigger in Tokeet.
Time-based triggers are a great way to stay on top of your guests, rentals, and management tasks by building in a bit of automation to your management process. Tokeet is filled with automation features like this one, so read other help documents to find out more.