Connecting Tokeet to Airbnb is best done via API connection, which allows you to manage calendar updates, rates, and messages from the Tokeet platform. For more info, please see the Connecting Airbnb with Tokeet article.
In some cases, an iCal (calendar link) connection with Airbnb is necessary--for example, if you are unable to verify your Airbnb account in Tokeet. Here's how you can connect to Airbnb via iCal.
Export Tokeet Calendar to Airbnb
In Tokeet: Navigate to Channels > "Add Channel"
- Select "Unknown" from the pulldown menu
- Click "Select"
- In the "Exported Calendars" section of the page, click "Add"
- Select Tokeet rental
- Click Export
- On the subsequent page, copy your Tokeet calendar URL for this rental.
- click "Done"
In Airbnb: navigate to "Listings"
- Find the listing you'd like to edit and click on that rental
- Above your listing preview, click "Availability"
- Scroll down to "Sync Calendars", select "Import calendar"
- Paste your Tokeet calendar’s URL in the Calendar address (URL) field
- Name your calendar
- Click "Import calendar"
- On the same page, click "Export Calendar" and copy the Airbnb calendar URL. Example:
In Tokeet from the same "Channel Details" page.
- Click "Add" next to Imported Calendars
Complete required info:
- Give your calendar a name
- Calendar URL: paste your Airbnb iCal URL
- Select Rental which will be updated with events from your Airbnb calendar
- Click "Import"
Repeat this process for all your rentals. In order for iCal connections to work with two-way synchronization, you will want to both export a Tokeet calendar into Airbnb and import an Airbnb calendar into Tokeet.
What to Expect Next
- Tokeet will import all of your Airbnb Bookings; all of these will show up in the "Inquiries" section of Tokeet
- All imported Airbnb bookings have status of Confirmed in Tokeet.
- Tokeet will import manually blocked dates from Airbnb; these are labeled as "Airbnb Hold Event" on your Tokeet calendar.
As always, please contact us with questions any time. We're happy to help.